Midland Habitat Volunteers
You do not have to be part of a group to become a volunteer. We have other areas where help is needed besides the construction site. Our ReSTORE is always in need of volunteers as well as the office.
We welcome all who want to help and we will find a place to put your skills to use!
10 Reasons to Volunteer with Habitat
10. Every hour each volunteer puts in is another hour we don't have to pay someone to do the same job keeping our building costs low
9. Even the smallest or seemingly insignificant job is important to building a quality home for our homeowners.
8. When volunteering in a group, a special sense of community is formed as the day goes on
7. There is a tangible result to your efforts
6. Our future homeowners work side by side with volunteers. You might get to know one of these special families that you are helping.
5. When our homeowners see people from the community helping build their houses, it helps motivate them through their 350 sweat equity hours.
4. Get to use powertools!
3. Tony, Rico and Andy make a day of work a lot of fun
2. You do not need any experience
1. Affordable housing in Midland is an essential need for our families. By providing safe decent housing, you are helping not only provide a home for a family, you are also giving a family hope
Volunteering as a group is a great way of bonding and building a sense of community with friends, family, co-workers, church, civic groups or others that just want to get together to make a real change in their community. Midland Habitat can work with groups up to 20 people at one time. If you are interested scheduling a work day, please call Cathy at 432-686-8877.
Construction- Helps build homes within the community.
Church Relations Committee - Helps bring together members of the faith community to help Habitat through volunteers, prayers and financial support.
Family Selection Committee - Makes home visits and interviews qualified families and then makes recommendations.
Fundraising Committee - Plans and coordinates fundraisers and events to benefit Midland Habitat.
Home Sponsorship Committee - Helps get homes sponsorship's from companies, foundations and members of the community.
Land Acquisitions & Infrastructure - Helps Habitat in locating and acquiring land either through purchase or donation that is suitable for residential building.
ReSTORE Operations Committee - Helps with operation of the ReStore by setting policy and procedures.
ReSTORE Workers - Assists in the ReStore with sales, stocking, pricing and other areas where help is needed.
Odessa Committee - Acts as a liaison between Habitat and community leaders in Odessa and Ector County. Help increase awareness of Habitat in Odessa.
Minimum of 16 years of age.*
Desire to make a difference.
A little bit of time.
* Volunteers under 18 must have parents sign off on work release and medical release.
Medical information & work releases will need to be completed for each volunteer prior to working. If the volunteer is a minor, the parent or guardian must complete and sign the required forms. Please click on the following links to download the Habitat for Humanity form you need.